Special Education Teacher - Richardson Park Learning Center Summer Program
Name: Special Education Teacher - Early Childhood Special Education, Autism preschool and KN-5
Location: Richardson Park Learning Center
Summer Program June 18 - July 26 Mondays - Thursdays
The teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing an instructional program for students identified with an autism spectrum disorder or other educational classification that will help student achieve their maximum potential.
Primary Function / Duties Include:
- Maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and an atmosphere that promotes student learning.
- Keep accurate records as required by district directive and State/Federal regulations.
- Support colleagues in differentiating instruction to meet the learning needs of assigned students.
- Serve as an integral part of the IEP team.
- Provides differentiated instruction based on the student individual level of functioning and preferred learning modalities in accordance with the student's IEP.
- Develops and implements a classroom management system which teaches clear and concise classroom routines, procedures and expectations. Use of classroom and individual visual schedules.
- Use of PECS and individualized communication systems.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to implement positive behavior supports for challenging behaviors. Implement Behavior Support Plans with fidelity.
- Collects and interprets data and utilized to modify instruction, content and to report progress to IEP members including parents and school district.
- Work with support team to support individual needs of students.
Eligible for State of Delaware certification as an Early Childhood Special education teacher, and/or Special Education Teacher certified in Autism.
DEASD Teacher of Students with Autism or Severe Disablilities
DEECSE Early Childhood Specials Education Teacher
DEEXSE Exceptional Children Special Education Teacher
DESED Special Education Director
Note: Red Clay Employees, Summer Rate for all 12-month programs is "per diem"
Non-Red Clay Employees, Summer EPER rate
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Gail Humphreys-Mackenzie, Princiapal
Reports To: Principal
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.