POLYTECH School District is seeking experienced and caring candidates with strong interpersonal skills to join our high school team. As a school counselor, you will carry out a variety of activities, which are outlined below. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: School Counseling
- Assists all students, individually or in groups, with developing academic, career and personal goals and plans.
- Accurately and appropriately uses assessment procedures to determine and structure individual and group counseling services.
- Provides individual and group counseling to students with identified concerns and needs.
- Consults and collaborates effectively with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators and other school and community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs.
- Implements effective community resource referral and follow-up processes.
- Assists teachers, parents/guardians and other stakeholders in interpreting and understanding student data.
- Participate in IEP and 504 plan meetings for assigned students.
- Assists school principals in administering the school attendance policy.
- Adheres to laws, policies, procedures and ethical standards of the school counseling profession.
- Collaborate with teachers, school counselors and administrators to ensure accurate and efficient grade reporting for all students.
- Provide interpretation of state testing information to students, parents and teachers to aid in career decision making and development.
- Manage student cumulative records and maintain the confidentiality of student records.
- Complete all Delaware Performance Appraisal System (DPAS II) forms and processes in a timely manner.
- Participate in all required professional learning programs.
- Comply with federal and state regulations and district policies.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Education : Master's degree from a regionally accredited 4-year college or university.
Licensure and Certification: Must meet Delaware requirements for school counseling licensure and certification(s) in accordance with Delaware Professional Standards Board regulations (14 DE Admin. Code 1500).
- Three years' experience as a secondary school counselor.
- Experience teaching and interacting with high school students.
- Experience developing the school master schedule in eSchoolPLUS.
- Use eSchoolPLUS (pupil accounting software) for student scheduling and grade reporting.
- Plan and implement program requirements based on federal and state laws and regulations and district objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, business and industry partners and colleagues.
- Write, speak, and interact clearly and professionally.
- Analyze data to inform programmatic adjustments and identify needs.
- Read, analyze and interpret professional literature and federal and state guidance documents.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, parents, administrators, business and industry partners, and staff members.
- Perform effectively in environments with competing demands.
- Proficient use of technology including Microsoft Office applications and educational software.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time ten-month position. Additional hours and duties are negotiable (beyond 10-month assignment).
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check, Tuberculosis Test (PPD), and Child Protection Registry Clearance must be completed prior to start of employment.
- Salary is calculated in accordance with the verified educational level and work experience of the selected candidate and in accordance with the district's Teacher Salary Scale. Pay for any negotiated additional duties and hours will be provided at an hourly rate.
- Direct deposit of payroll checks is mandatory and employees are paid on a lag pay schedule with the first payment made after approximately one month of employment.
Salary Range: From/To: Salary is calculated in accordance with the verified educational level and work experience of the selected candidate and in accordance with the district?s Teacher Salary Scale. Pay for any negotiated additional duties and hours will be provided at an hourly rate.
Additional Job Information:
All external candidates must complete the online application and submit a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of reference (written within the last year).
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.