ELA Teacher 2018-2019
- Working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Literacy.
- Develop and implement curricula to meet Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and school academic standards in Literacy (Reading and Writing).
- Plan daily academic, differentiated lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students.
- Develop and implement age appropriate, hands on teaching practices.
- Be accountable for students' academic growth and achievement.
- Design and implement summative assessments to measure progress towards academic standards and formative assessments to drive instruction.
- Use assessment data to inform curricular and instructional practices.
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment.
- Assign projects so that students learn to deal with real-world constraints, such as time and materials.
- Allow students to unravel technological problems using a hands-on, trial-and-error approach.
- Encourage creative thinking with challenging classroom projects.
- Reflect on successes and areas of growth as a teacher, seek to improve performance, and respond to feedback.
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding their children's academic success.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in a field of English, in a field of Education, or other area if approved as a candidate for the Alternative Routes to Certification (ARTC) Program.
- Possessesion of or eligibilty for a valid State of Delaware Teaching License (for more information on State of Delaware licensure, please visit the website of the Department of Education at: http://regulations.delaware.gov/AdminCode/title14/1500/1510.shtml .
- Successful completion of Praxis I and II exams (unless holding an initial teaching license from the State of Delaware).
- Has sufficient formal or informal training to provide the ability to teach age appropriate curriculum to a level consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position.Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Ability to reflect upon teaching practices and respond to constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with staff and the Head of School to provide a positive learning environment for students.
- Knowledge of and commitment to meeting students' individual needs.
Start Date: 8/13/18
Job Posting Link: www.dapsscharterschool.org
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.