Instructional ParaProfessional (5.5 hours/day) TEMP FOR SY 17/18
TITLE: Instructional Paraprofessional-5.5 hours/day- Special Education Setting (Temporary for remainder of SY 17/18)
QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet the certification requirements of the State of Delaware Department of Education
REPORTS TO: Principal (or assistant)
JOB GOAL: To assist in meeting the teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups.
1. Under the supervision of a certified teacher, prepares for classroom activities.
2. Works with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
3. Assists individual children in need of special attention.
4. Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up by the teacher.
5. Assists teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack, toilet, and clothing routines.
6. Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
7. Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about the individual student.
8. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
9. Participates in in-service training programs, as assigned.
10. Other duties as assigned by administration.
Start Date: Mutually Agreeable
Duty Days: 177
Reports To: School Principal/Assistant Principal(s)
Salary Range: From/To: as per state and local salary schedule
Additional Job Information:
All applicants are required to submit three (3) letters of reference, with one from an immediate supervisor that is dated within the past year.
Applicants are advised that a copy of the most recent evaluation will be requested if selected for an interview. The evaluation can be loaded as part of the application in advance.
The following are conditions of employment for new employees:
(1) Satisfactory criminal background check prior to being placed on payroll.
(2) Satisfactory child protection registry check.
(3) Mandatory Direct Deposit of Pay.
(4) Documentation of Mantoux skin test results for entrance to school system.
(5) Completion of all required employment forms.
Lake Forest does not discriminate in employment or in educational services based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in accordance with state and federal laws. Inquiries should be directed to the Director of Personnel at the Lake Forest Central Business Office, School District5423 Killens Pond Road, . Phone: 302-284-3020Felton, DE 19943-9801
Lake Forest is an advocate of inclusion practices in all grade levels
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.