Elementary School Principal (reposted)
Seeking an Experienced Elementary School Principal
Academia Antonia Alonso Charter School (La Academia), located on the outskirts of Wilmington, DE, is seeking an experienced Elementary School Principal to join our team as an impactful, data-driven instructional leader who can successfully translate vision into program.
La Academia is a dual language elementary public charter school with a focus on nurturing bilingual, biliterate and multicultural children. It is an energized environment where students learn to think critically and take action both in their classrooms and their communities, through project-based learning and by engaging in real life issues.
Our academic program combines a Two-Way Dual Language Immersion in Spanish and English with a Project Based Learning (PBL) methodology. The integration of these two learning approaches supports our students' instructional and language acquisition needs.
The school has added a grade level every year and will open this Fall as a K-5 school with a population of about 600+ students and approximately 40 faculty members.
The Elementary School Principal must leverage a strong understanding of the complexities of a dual language program to skillfully lead in curriculum development and deployment. Working with the Executive Director, the Principal brings a clear vision to setting instructional directions for two-way immersion and project-based learning.
The Principal will build and lead an effective academic/administrative team and has the primary responsibility to supervise, mentor, coach, and guide academic administrators, teachers, and academic support staff. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building an academic Center of Excellence through instructional leadership which helps students thrive and promotes academic success
- Creating an attractive and engaging school culture for students and faculty
- Supervising faculty and academic administrative staff as a manager, mentor and coach
- Analyzing current performance metrics/measures using a data-driven processes
- Recommending academic options, programs & directions to the Executive Director
- Actively engaging with parents and the community
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Master's in Education, Educational Leadership, or equivalent from an accredited college or university, appropriate higher degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience as an educational administrator in an elementary and/or middle school environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of instructional/classroom experience.
- Exceptional oral and written professional communication skills in English (writing and speaking).
- Exceptional organizational, public relations, and interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of constituents, such as students, parents, the Board, peers, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to sustain a balanced and professional approach, build credibility as an educational/instructional leader, as well as displaying strong equanimity and clear thinking in stressful or problematic situations.
- Possess a valid Delaware Principal Certification or must demonstrate ability to meet required certification criteria within three years.
- Charter School experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Project-Based Learning (PBL).
- Possession of exceptional oral and written professional skills in Spanish
La Academia's core philosophy is to create a school where students investigate who they are and what role they play in a diverse society. We are driven by our mission to inspire children to become joyful, confident, creative, bilingual learners, by providing our students with a strong biliterate academic and cultural foundation. We are seeking an Elementary School Principal who can manifest our core philosophy and mission.
If you possess a positively charged energy as an academic leader and this sounds like the right fit, then we want to talk with you!
To learn more about us & view a complete job description, please visit our website at www.academiacharter.com
Reports To: Executive Director
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.