English Language Arts Teacher - Dual Cert Preferred (REPOST)
TITLE: English Language Arts Teacher (DUAL CERTIFICATION IN SPEC ED PREFERRED)
QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet the certification requirements of the State of Delaware Department of Education.
REPORTS TO: School Principal (or Assistant)
JOB GOAL: To develop in each pupil skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing that are fundamental to good communication and literate citizenship; to develop appreciation of good literature of all types; to motivate pupils to read widely for information and recreation; to develop standards for critical judgement of written and oral communications transmitted by mass media; and to discover and develop special talents of pupils in the field of English.
1. Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, reading, and journalism to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils.
4. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids appropriate to the interest and maturity level of pupils; maintains required inventory records.
5. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small-group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
6. Develops standard for critical analysis through group discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and contemporary literature.
7. Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas.
8. Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
10. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
13. Works with pupils and other classroom teachers in such activities as preparing material for the school newspaper or yearbook, assisting with PTA programs, or coordinating entries in essay contests.
14. Administers or monitors group tests.
15. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
16. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
17. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
18. Other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor that pertain to English instruction.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation and Department of Education guidelines.
Start Date: August 20, 2018
Reports To: School Principal
Salary Range: From/To: as per state and local salary schedule
- Teacher of English Language Arts Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
Additional Job Information:
All applicants are required to submit three (3) letters of reference, with one from an immediate supervisor that is dated within the past year.
Applicants are advised that a copy of the most recent evaluation will be requested if selected for an interview. The evaluation can be loaded as part of the application in advance.
The following are conditions of employment for new employees:
(1) Satisfactory criminal background check prior to being placed on payroll.
(2) Satisfactory child protection registry check.
(3) Mandatory Direct Deposit of Pay.
(4) Documentation of Mantoux skin test results for entrance to school system.
(5) Completion of all required employment forms.
The Lake Forest School District does not discriminate in employment or in educational services on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws. Inquiries should be directed to the Director of Personnel at the Lake Forest Central Business Office, 5423 Killens Pond Road, Felton, DE 19943-9801
Lake Forest is an advocate of inclusion practices in all grade levels.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.