Work with a multi-disciplinary team serving students with physical and cognitive disabilities, ages 3 to 21. Intervention will be primarily through an integrated therapy model in the classroom. Supervise a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA).
· Good interpersonal and collaborative skills.
· Experience with feeding and oral-motor programs.
· Experience with a variety of assistive technology and positioning equipment (i.e., sitting/standing equipment, adapted wheelchairs, special feeding equipment, etc.).
· Preferred experience with sensory motor integration strategies.
· Knowledge or experience with data collection related to occupational therapy goals.
· Observe a student engaging in an activity and provide strategies to facilitate the student's full participation.
· Reduce barriers that limit student participation within the school environment.
· Utilize assistive technology to support student success.
· Support the needs of students with significant challenges, such as: helping to determine methods for alternate assessment.
· Help identify long-term goals for post-school outcomes.
· Help plan relevant instructional activities for ongoing implementation in the classroom.
· Develop specific benchmarks related to annual goals to be part of the IEP.
- Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
· Certification: Licensure as an Occupational Therapist to practice in the State of Delaware.
· One year experience minimum as an occupational therapist.
· Experience with children exhibiting moderate to severe physical disabilities preferred.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.