JOB TITLE: Technology Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
JOB GOAL: All teachers and staff in all of our schools will play an essential role in the growth and development of each of our students. Many of our students come from underrepresented ethnic groups and need the absolute best that we have to offer. The Technology Associate will be a resource to all teachers, staff and students at all schools in the maintenance and implementation of school- wide technology and student assessment.
OVERVIEW: EASTSIDE CHARTER SCHOOL
Founded in 1997, EastSide Charter School is a free, public elementary school that educates approximately 480 students grades PreK-8 in Wilmington, Delaware. EastSide prides itself on being a community-based school, using multiple partnerships, strong relationships with families, and a dedicated and hard-working staff to ensure academic success for its students. Over the last three years, EastSide has undergone a significant turnaround. Growing an average of 30 proficiency points in Math and Reading, EastSide has been touted by Delaware's governor and the Delaware Department of Education as a model for school turnaround and urban school success. EastSide staff members play a significant role in ensuring that our students develop the character and skills necessary to being an influential and contributing member of the community and global society. This position is suited for someone who is willing to do "Whatever it Takes" to support our students in being successful in school and in life.
CHARTER SCHOOL OF NEW CASTLE
Founded in 2006, The Charter School of New Castle serves over 825 students in grades K-8 in two locations in New Castle and Wilmington, DE. As the name implies, The Charter School of New Castle is a family focused charter school that prides itself on community engagement. At The Charter School of New Castle, we provide our students with a well-rounded educational experience which is intellectually stimulating and builds a foundation for success. Our talented caring teachers receive intensive training taught by NASA to enhance our STEM programs and to enrich our students' learning experience. Our classrooms are equipped with innovative 21st century technology which provides our students with an excellent foundation for future success.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Technology Associate will:
- Oversee the day-to-day technology needs of the assigned schools while coordinating with school leadership
- Must be an excellent communicator, and must keep teachers and staff queries updated
- Provide walkup and remote support for all incoming queries and issues related to systems, software and hardware
- Provide analytical and problem solving skills
- Discuss issues and requests with users and ask questions in logical sequence to diagnose problems and offer solutions
- Maintain inventory of hardware, software, upgrades, and warranties
- Troubleshoot wireless and wired LAN connections
- Perform computer refreshes including imaging, loading of applications, data transfer methods and ultimate deployment of devices
- Conduct one-on-one, small group, and school-wide professional development for IT-related content
- Must have the ability to travel between assigned campuses when needed
- Manage and maintain local phone systems
- Troubleshoot issues with projectors, iPads, SmartBoards, printers and other supported devices
- Provide a confident and resourceful attitude
- Must stay abreast of the latest technology trends
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of PC and LAN hardware support experience
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise level Windows environments (TCP/IP, AD, DHCP, DNS, WDS)
- 3+ years of comprehensive educational technology experience in a school setting is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-based storage and application technologies
- Experience resolving complex issues across multiple functions
- Excellent customer skills and ability to obtain information from the customer in order to resolve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
EastSide staff must:
- Be driven to improve the minds and lives of students from underserved communities; dedicated to doing whatever it takes to help all the school's students achieve academic success
- Be passionate about academic learning and insistent on academic excellence and rigor at all times
- Be self-aware and know how to treat all members of the school's community with respect, appraise accurately his or her strengths and weaknesses, and be perceptive about how he or she is regarded
- Work urgently and be able to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Act entrepreneurially as an initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Have the ability to communicate with various audiences in an authentic and persuasive manner
- Possess strong written communication skills
- Be detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to work independently and with a team on short- and long-term projects
Length of Work Year: 12 months, select Saturdays, and occasional evening and weekend commitments will also be required; occasional travel throughout the state and region.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Both The Charter School of New Castle and EastSide Charter School offer a friendly and committed team of colleagues and a comprehensive benefits plan.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.