2018-19 Math Interventionist - repost - (Temporary for the school year)
POSITION: Math Interventionist (Math 180 - Temporary for the school year)
LOCATION: William Henry Middle School
REPORTS TO: Principal
STARTING DATE: August 2018
- Knowledgeable about Common Core State Standards-Math, math content, and pedagogy appropriate for middle school students
- Knowledgeable about the learning progressions inherent in the teaching and learning of mathematics
- Knowledgeable about formative and summative assessments which can be used to diagnose student needs, direct instruction, and measure progress
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction and research based interventions which can be used to remediate and accelerate individual math students
- Understanding of the Response to Intervention (RtI) process
- Provide assistance and leadership in designing and implementing an effective RtI program
- Diagnose, continuously monitor, and document the progress of struggling math students
- Collect and analyze student assessment data
- Utilize research based interventions to help struggling math students to improve
- Work cooperatively with school staff and building administration
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Plans an instructional program that meets the individual needs and abilities of middle school students
- Attend and participate in Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Knowledgeable about the Math 180 Intervention Program
- Communicates regularly and effectively with students, colleagues, and parents about student progress and needs
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Highly qualified in middle school math
- Teaching experience (preferred)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of DE Prioritized Curriculum and Common Core State Standards
- Selection through committee interview process that includes developing and explaining lesson plans indicating differentiation based on data analysis of student information and knowledge of effective instructional strategies and interventions to support improved achievement in mathematics.
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment.
- Tuberculin test & physical.
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck.
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: Based on 2018-19 salary schedule.
- Teacher of Mathematics Grades 9-12 (Valid 6-8 in a Middle School)
- Teacher of Middle Level Mathematics Grades 6-8
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.