355 W. Duck Creek Road ∙ PO Box 888 ∙ Clayton, Delaware 19938
Office: (302) 223-2150 Fax: (302) 223-2178
The nurse will perform all school nursing responsibilities and must possess strong knowledge of clinical nursing regulations. Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with students, staff, parents, and community members
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Must hold a current Registered Nurse License.
- Must have 3 or more years of supervised clinical experience.
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Eligible for Delaware Standard Certificate as a School Nurse.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, school administration and office staff.
- Must hold current CPR/AED certification.
- The nurse will have to pass the CORE Praxis and successfully complete the mentoring program
Terms of Employment: 10-Month Position
Job Description And Responsibilities
- Serve as the physician's assistant in the Warner Wellness Center.
- Provide nursing care to students within the Warner Wellness Center.
- Coordinate Wellness Center appointments and maintain scheduling.
- Obtain and maintain Wellness Center consent forms.
- Complete data entry including Delvax.
- Provide healthcare to students and staff.
- Perform health screenings and coordinate referrals to appropriate healthcare providers.
- Provides health care and administers prescribed medications for the school
- Screening and referral for health conditions
- Keeps accurate health records on all students and supervises compliance with immunizations and communicable disease regulations
- Promote a healthy and safe school environment
- Serve in a leadership role for health policies and programs and as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers
- Counsels students on medical issues and conducts short and long term planning to address the individual health needs of students
- Work collaboratively with other staff
- Maintain professional competence through participation in professional development activities
- Attend meetings and other activities, as determined by the school leader
Reports To: Commandment
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.