Tutors - Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
Date Posted: 8/28/2018
Location: Middle Schools and High Schools as Assigned
Date of Availability: To be determined
Date Closing: 03/31/2019
Terms of Employment:
NonBenefited - Casual/Seasonal or EPER
Building Principal or Supervisor
$15.00 per hour no degree /$21.00 per hour associates degree
Click "Apply" designated near the Job ID on the main employment web page for complete application instructions.
Job Goal: Tutors in the AVID program will work with students in the least served academic middle and high schools in various subject areas that have the desire to go to college and the willingness to work hard. These are students who are capable of completing rigorous curriculum but are falling short of their potential.
- Must be a college student with a minimum 2.5 G.P.A.
- Must have a strong subject matter background, evidenced by college transcript.
- Dedication to supporting students' academic achievement.
- Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students
- Determine from student notes and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or re-taught.
- Evaluate student binders, including calendars, class and textbook notes, etc.
- Become familiar with the materials in the AVID Curriculum Libraries.
- Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used by AVID students.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all areas of mathematics; therefore, a strong subject matter background is mandatory.
- Conduct mini-lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparation.
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for AVID students to follow.
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Commit to arriving to tutorials on time.
- Complete the required tutorial training hours.
Job Posting Link: www.brandywineschools.org
Salary Range: From/To: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.