2018-19 Speech and Language Pathologist
POSITION: Speech and Language Pathologist
LOCATION: East Dover Elementary School
REPORTS TO: Principal/Director of Special Education
STARTING DATE: August 2018
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST would be expected to:
- Participate in the planning and provision of speech and language therapy for children that includes assistive technology, augmentative communication, social language development, articulation, voice, oral motor, feeding, delayed receptive and language.
- Perform appropriate diagnostic and evaluative testing.
- Present well constructed, thoughtful, thorough, insightful reports related to completed assessments and observations of students.
- Responsible for the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEP's) and related documentation for speech and language services.
- Maintain adequate records of treatment and data of the IEP objectives for the students being served.
- Participate in the screening and identification of students.
- Meet with parents and advise them of their child's areas of need and progress of development.
- Make recommendations for the level and frequency of services as related to the areas of need in the IEP.
- Work with and assist other team members with providing necessary carry over of strategies and skills into all other areas of the students learning opportunities.
- Assist individuals in understanding the types and severity of communication disorders.
- Licensure is required of all Speech-Language Pathologists in the State
- Eligibility for Licensure:
National Examination in Speech-Language Pathology
Temporary Licensure Available for CFY Candidate
- Favorable Criminal Background Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin test & physical
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheck
Start Date: August 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule - SLP stipends
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.