Physical Education Teacher
SUMMARY: Warner is seeking a Physical Education Teacher.
Needs strong classroom management skills.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil to the extent feasible.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each pupil's growth in physical skills and knowledge.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education provided by the district, and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with staff, parents and school counselors on pupil progress as needed.
- Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Experience/interest in becoming an athletic director or coaching (Preferred)
Delaware Advanced License
Delaware Continuing License
Delaware Initial License
Out of State Teaching License
PE Certification Preferred, not required
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Please Be Advised: The Reported Time employment status is not eligible for the Internal Transfer Application; this status requires the "Standard Application" to apply for all positions.
Completed Online Application via Join Delaware Schools
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Chrishaun Fitzgerald, Principal
Reports To: Principal
Salary Range: From/To: $104 per day.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.