Certified Secondary Social Studies Teacher
Instructs students in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches District approved curriculum.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and communicates these objectives to students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and for the classroom; develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure.
- Maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assesses the learning differences of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of appropriate staff as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulations.
- Is available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Student, student aides, parent helpers and guest presenters.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE :
Four year degree in area of major study.
CERTIFICATES , LICENSES , REGISTRATION :
Certification as required by the State of Delaware.
REQUIRED - Secondary Social Studies Certification
Desired- Special Education Certification
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, students and parents.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY :
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on state, district and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents. Written and oral communications skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; for example, school books and supplies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Posted until filled
The Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, re-advertise and/or withdraw the position. The Woodbridge School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or educational programs, services, or activities, based on race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap, in accordance with State and Federal Laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Start Date: TBD
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Principal
Salary Range: From/To: Based upon level of education and years of related, full-time experience.
Additional Job Information:
Secondary Social Studies Certification Required.
Special Education Certification Desired.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.