Teacher of Students with Autism
Position: Teacher of Students with Autism
Location: Brennen School-Delaware Autism Program
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification in Special Education, Autism, and a content area (e.g. elementary, math, science…)
- Demonstrated experience implementing systematic instructional strategies for use with students with autism and/or significant cognitive delaysDemonstrated experience with applied behavior analysis (preferred)
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
Position Description and Responsibilities: Overall responsibility for instructional programming for students utilizing state standards and District curriculum and implementation of individualized education programs as well as regular teacher responsibilities and duties including but not limited to:
- Use the educational philosophy and policies adopted by the Board of Education as related to children with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities and/or multiple disabilities in the areas of cognitive development, language development, academic development, social development, and physical development
- Create, develop and implement lesson plans aligned with State Standards with an emphasis on a functional academic curriculum and community based instruction with adaptations to the general curriculum as necessary
- Use available resources, plans and implement a program of study that meets students' academic and daily living needs, interests, and abilities
- Administer ongoing assessments to determine student progress towards goals and standards, including the Alternate Delaware Comprehensive Assessment System (DCAS Alt 1)
- Collect, interpret, and use data from a variety of educational sources to drive instruction
- Differentiate instruction including implementation of a plan of positive behavior support to support an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Assist with independence and self-help skills which may include, but is not limited to toileting, feeding, and dressing
- Communicate with families and administration concerning students' academic and behavioral progress
- Utilize assistive technology with students as appropriate
- Develop, implement, and adhere to IEPs
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per day
- Minimum lifting requirements - 50 pounds (with assistance)
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions
- Must successfully pass Safety and Restraint Training
- Must perform all duties as assigned during scheduled work days
- Attendance at school and instructional meetings as required
- Perform other duties as requested by administration to meet the needs of the students
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of a person in this position
Job Posting Link: www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Salary Range: From/To: Teacher salary schedule based on experience and degree. Salary Scale can be found on the district?s website. https://christinak12.org/ourpages/auto/2012/6/27/51310670/Teachers-Non-Grandfathered--FY2018.pdf
- Special Education
- Teacher of Children with Autism or Severe Disabilities Grades K-12
Additional Job Information:
Application Procedures: Interested applicants must complete an online teaching application and attach a letter of interest, resume, Praxis, transcripts and license/certification and three current letters (within one year of application date) of recommendation. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Apply online: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable criminal background report, a negative pre-employment drug screening and a child abuse registry check showing you are not on the registry at any level
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.