2018-2019 Middle School ELA Teacher
JOB TITLE: Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: EastSide teachers will play an essential role in the growth and development of each of our students. All of our students come from underrepresented ethnic groups and many are performing several grade levels below their current grade level. Our teachers own the responsibility to plan, instruct, assess, lead, mentor, and guide each of our students to academic success overcoming all hurdles and obstacles to ensuring academic success. EastSide teachers are responsible for the successful design, development, and implementation of academic lessons, working with other teachers and staff to analyze, assess, and improve the educational experience for our students.
OVERVIEW: Founded in 1997, EastSide Charter School is a free, public elementary school that educates students in Wilmington, Delaware. EastSide prides itself on being a community-based school, using multiple partnerships, strong relationships with families, and a dedicated and hard-working faculty to ensure academic success for its students.
EastSide is in the midst of a dynamic turnaround effort that will have a profound impact in Wilmington. EastSide teachers play a significant role in ensuring that our students develop the character and skills necessary to being an influential and contributing member of the community and global society. This position is suited for someone who is willing to do "Whatever it Takes" to support our students in being successful in school and in life.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Each of our teachers will:
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Possess strong knowledge of content area
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Exhibit positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and backwards planning
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Perform clerical duties as required relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance,
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School, Achievement Specialist, or Academic Dean
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution. Has or is eligible for State of Delaware certification as teacher in grade or content area.
EastSide teachers must have:
- at least one year of teaching experience (two years experience preferred)
- an outstanding record of elevating student achievement in an urban classroom, with a strong understanding of pedagogy that drives results
EastSide teachers must:
- Be driven to improve the minds and lives of students from underserved communities; dedicated to doing whatever it takes to help all the school's students achieve academic success
- Be passionate about academic learning and insistent on academic excellence and rigor at all times
- Be self-aware and know how to treat all members of the school's community with respect, appraises accurately his or her strengths and weaknesses, and is perceptive about how he or she is regarded
- Work urgently and be able to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Be detail-oriented and self-directed with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Act entrepreneurially as an initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker
- Have the ability to communicate with various audiences in an authentic and persuasive manner
- Possess strong written communication skills
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Be detail-oriented and self-directed and able to work independently on short- and long- term projects
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION::
Length of Work Year: 10 months, select Saturdays, and occasional evening and weekend commitments will also be required; occasional travel throughout the state and region.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is based on salary scale used with qualifications and experience. EastSide Charter School offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues and a comprehensive state benefit plan.
Job Posting Link: https://eastsidefamilyfoundations.tedk12.com
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.