Educational Interpreter/Student Support
Position: Educational Interpreter/Student Support #3165
Closing Date: Until filled
Location: Delaware School for the Deaf
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fluency in American Sign Language
- Registry for Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) Certification
- Knowledge and experience in educational and other interpreting situations
- Eligible for State of Delaware Permit (obtained from DOE when all above requirements are met)
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per work day.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.
Position Description: Educational interpreters/student support persons serve students placed in mainstream settings with support from the Delaware School for the Deaf to public schools within the local districts. Educational interpreters may also be assigned to a variety of interpreting situations within DSD.
- Facilitate communication between the deaf student(s), staff and other students in the general education setting
- Interpret subject matter in specific subject areas
- Support general education staff and students in techniques for working with a deaf/hard of hearing student
- Provide input as needed in the development of the IEP
- Provide input as needed in the coordination of the students/programs in the general education setting and the program at DSD
- Provide support when appropriate and as outlined in the IEP
- Communicate, in accordance with established procedures, regarding students' progress
- Interpret for deaf/hard of hearing staff members
- Interpret for meetings/conferences/workshops when requested
- Other duties as assigned
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and upload a letter of interest, resume, transcripts, copy of license/certification and three current letters(within one year of posting date) of recommendation. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Online Application Link: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Start Date: August 20, 2018
Job Posting Link: www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Salary Range: From/To: Salary Schedule can be found on the districts website: https://christinak12.org/ourpages/auto/2012/6/27/51310670/Teachers-Non-Grandfathered--FY2018.pdf
- Interpreter/Tutor for the Hard of Hearing
Additional Job Information:
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified applicants must complete an online teaching application and upload a letter of interest, resume, transcripts, copy of license/certification and three current letters(within one year of closing date) of recommendation. Previous submissions will not automatically flow to this posting. In order to be considered for this position, you must apply specifically for the Job ID listed for this position. Online Application Link: http://www.applitrack.com/christina/onlineapp/default.aspx
Employment is conditional upon receipt of an acceptable criminal background report, a negative pre-employment drug screening and a child abuse registry check showing you are not on the registry at any level
The Christina School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law. Inquiries regarding compliance with the above may be directed to the Title IX/Section 504 Coordinator, Christina School District, 600 North Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801; Telephone: (302) 552-2600.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.