Middle School Teacher of Fine Arts
Middle School Teacher of Fine ArtsOdyssey Charter School, Wilmington, Delaware
The Mission of Odyssey Charter School is to prepare students for a lifelong enthusiasm for learning, develop a keen awareness of world citizenship and culture and establish critical thinking and problem-solving proficiency through the added learning of the Modern Greek language and Mathematics focus.
• Bachelor's degree (Preferred: Master's in Education/Teaching or content area).
• Mastery of Fine Arts and an enthusiasm for the subject.
• High fluency in both the English and Modern Greek languages (preferred).
POSITION DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS
• Teaching Fine Art at the 6th, 7th & 8th grade levels grade levels.
• Teach art elements, principles and techniques.
• Teach the safe and correct use of various materials and processes.
• Teach elements of art history, through the use of books, slide presentations, lectures and demonstrations.
• Adapts course of study and training methods to meet the needs and abilities of students.
• Curate and mount examples of student work for classroom and wider school exhibitions.
• Commitment to working with educationally underserved students.
• Hold high expectations for all students and enforce the school code of conduct.
• Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
• All new employees of the Odyssey Charter School will be required to undergo criminal and child abuse background checks.
The Odyssey Charter School offers faculty development grants for the purpose of pursuing teaching certification and advanced educational degrees.
Compensation: Salary will be based on the State of Delaware Teacher Compensation System, according to credentials held.
Please direct your cover letter and application to Ms. Sandra Lawson, at this email address:
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.