Student Advisor - Richardson Park Elementary
Richardson Park Elementary is seeking a student advisor. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, is detail oriented, and is wholly committed to the success of Richardson Park Elementary. The student advisor must be able to work both collaboratively and independently and should be able to demonstrate flexibility, creativity and accessibility. The student advisor will be considered part of the administrative team at Richardson Park Elementary and as such should demonstrate the highest level of professionalism.
All candidates must have a minimum of six credits toward an administrative certification and must be currently enrolled in an administrative certification program
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and publisher
Three years of classroom teaching required
Working knowledge of Eschool+
- Position will also serve as building testing coordinator - Smarter Balance, SRI, SMI, PSAT, etc.
- Advise students on academic and behavioral issues; identifies the options appropriate for each student and assists with the analysis of each option, including possible outcomes and their implications; if needed, refers student for additional services.
- Analyze discipline, academic, behavior, etc. data and present for grade level meetings (ex: PLCs)
- Applicant must manage his or her time well and be on time or early to all duties
- Assist with hallway duty during all class changes
- Assist and create extracurricular opportunities to support students in the areas of academics, personal management, organization, and/or study skills.
- Attend and participate in various meetings such as Individual Education Plans, IST (or its equivalent), leadership meetings, or other as directed by the building administration.
- Conduct parent/student conferences, suspension meetings, retention meetings, etc.
- Coordinate awards programs such as Honor Society Inductions, Awards Ceremonies, Move-Up Ceremonies, etc.
- Coordinate drop-out prevention programs with the behavior interventionist and district administration
- Coordinate with transportation to assure bus referrals are being handled in a timely manner
- Create and carry-out a systematic plan for bully prevention strategies.
- Foster collegial relationship with and among teachers and staff
- In charge of putting together alternative placement packets
- Maintain student discipline files and records; documents all pertinent student information; frequently updates computerized information systems.
- Monitor academic progress of students; analyzes progress reports from instructors; determines eligibility for extra-curricular activities; identifies current and potential needs or problem areas and refers students to appropriate resources for assistance; communicates findings to coaches and administrators.
- Monitors progress of high risk students through parent/student/teacher consultations.
- Plans awards and special programs.
- Prepares notifications for students and parents related to academic progress.
- Promotes positive school, parent, and community relationships.
- Responds to parent inquiries.
- Reviews cumulative records to ensure accuracy and completeness and compliance with State regulations and District policies and guidelines.
- Support monitoring and communication of staff expectations, staff Handbook, HB procedures, and HB policies.
- Take direction from building administration.
- Works closely with counseling staff for making referrals to community resources.
- Other duties as assigned by the building administration
Delaware Advanced License
Delaware Continuing License
Delaware Initial License
Out of State Teaching License
Completed Online Internal Transfer Application
Letter of Interest
Completed Online Application
Letter of Interest
Three letters of reference
Out-of-state applicants must provide evidence of certification
Reports To: Principal
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.