The Occupational Therapist leads the process of development, implementation and coordination of the occupational therapy program of the Laurel School District. Professional judgment and clinical knowledge are used to develop and deliver individualized programming based on occupational performance deficits in the areas of personal care, student role, interaction skills, process skills, play, community integration/work, and/or graphic communication.
1. Masters's degree from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)..
2 You must hold a current license from the State of Delaware and be registered to practice Occupational Therapy in the state.
3. Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and/or experience in conducting evaluations, developing comprehensive educational programs, and delivering services to eligible students.
4. Must have a valid driver's license and daily access to a vehicle required for travel throughout the school district.
5. Favorable criminal background check and child registry check for the
candidate offered employment.
6. Tuberculin test.
7. Participation in Direct Deposit.
Start Date: August 20, 2018
Duty Days: 207
Reports To: Director of Special Education
Salary Range: From/To: 1. Full time employee - 37.5 hours per week 2. 11 month position, 207 days per year 3. Salary based on State and local teacher salary schedule 4. Benefits in accordance with current Laurel Board policy
Additional Job Information:
1. Letter of Interest
3. District Application
4. Evidence of certification
5. College transcripts
6. Three letters of professional reference
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.