NOTE - We do not use the State System to post our vacancies.
Please go to New Castle County Vo-Tech Job Applicant Manager page to view and apply for positions
POSITION: Science Instructor
QUALIFICATIONS: State of Delaware Certification, Teaching Experience Preferred
REPORTS TO: Assistant Principal
JOB GOAL: To plan for and implement an instructional program for students enrolled in science courses.
1. Provide daily interaction in science, based on the District course of study. State prioritized science standards and testing, and student needs.
2. The maintenance of all records, including attendance, inventory, and grade reporting necessary for daily operations of the science courses.
3. Provide student supervision, laboratory safety, and classroom management.
4. Be accountable for student and program evaluation.
5. Develop and maintain lesson plans as prescribed by school policy.
6. Become acquainted with and adhere to the Student Handbook and district policies.
7. Attend I.E.P. meetings to support students.
8. Assist with the requisition of materials, equipment, and proper disposal required for the implementation of the instructional program.
9. Provide students with related experience based on the curriculum.
10. Perform other tasks assigned by the supervising Assistant Principal.
11. Participate in Professional Development opportunities.
Reports To: Assistant Principal
Additional Job Information:
Howard High School
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.