Instructional Paraprofessional(s) - Temporary 18/19 SY
1. Associate's degree or two years of study at an institution of higher education (with a minimum of 60 semester hours) or successful completion of the Parapro test.
2. Applicant must demonstrate a level of knowledge and/or experience appropriate to the position.
3. Ability to perform the following actions with full range of motion and manual dexterity: bending, moderate lifting, twisting, carrying and moving objects and reaching.
4. Applicant must be Highly Qualified to work in a Title I school.
5. Favorable criminal background check and child protection registry check for the candidate offered employment.
6. Tuberculin test.
7. Participation in Direct Deposit.
Start Date: October 22, 2018
Duty Days: 185
Reports To: Principal
Salary Range: From/To: 1. 37.5 hours/week, 185 days/year 2. Salary in accordance with the state and local salary scale
Additional Job Information:
1. Provide small group and/or individualized instructional support for students.
2. Travel/transition with students from one location to another.
3. Supervise students during arrival, dismissal, ISS, lunch, and/or other times as designated.
4. Attend to and support the hygiene and behavioral needs of the students as necessary.
5. Adhere to and meet the needs of students as outlined in their IEP, if applicable.
6. Maintain records and data on student performance as assigned.
7. Monitor student behavior and assist students to engage in appropriate behavior.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.