3rd Grade Teacher
Academia Antonia Alonso Charter School is immediately seeking a high energy, visionary, and dynamic 4th Grade teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. The focus of Academia's charter is to foster and nurtute joyful, bilingual, bi-literate, and multicultural children. The ideal applicant believes that all students are capable of high academic achievement regardless of socioeconomic status and is open to challenging themselves in an innovative environment.
Academia Antonia Alonso's dual language program uses a fifty-fifty model, in which students spend half of their day in the target language (Spanish) and the other half day in English. From kindergardten through fifth grade, the curriculum includes literacy study a well as the study of core content subjects (math, science, and social studies). Teamwork is essential.
Fluency in Spanish not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements curricula to meet academic standards in English literacy and Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Prepares lesson plans, instructional aids, and supplemental teaching materials.
- Assesses, documents and prepares reports such as achievement progress, grade and classroom performance, and attendance.
- Participates in student development and achievement related conferences with parents, students, counselors, teachers, principal, and/or administrators.
- Performs general instruction coordination duties such as ordering materials, attending meetings, and engaging in various forms or correspondence.
- Attends professional learning sessions and/or required conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Head of School
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.