2018-19 Library Media Specialist - repost - (temporary for school year)
POSITION: Library Media Specialist (temporary for school year)
LOCATION: William Henry Middle School
REPORTS TO: Principal
STARTING DATE: November 2018
- Assists students in locating reference and other instructional materials, and in developing knowledge, skill and abilities to gain independence and fully utilize the library materials and resources.
- Assists in reinforcement in reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, media
- Manages the circulation desk operations and circulation files
- Supports and provides leadership to the school-wide integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM)
- Collaborate and provide leadership to the school-wide literacy program.
- Provides a dynamic and orderly learning resource environment that facilitates increased student interest in reading, technology, media and learning.
- Facilitates selection of library materials and resources, inventory of resource/equipment and materials and an ongoing process for the "weeding" of materials and books.
- Assists in the utilization and maintenance of instructional and non-instructional library/media/technology equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Holds a Masters or Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited college or university in an American Library Association approved program in School Library Media; or holds a Masters or Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited college or university in any area; and has completed a Department approved School Media program which meets American Library Association standards.
- 3 to 5 years of successful classroom teaching
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and experience with curriculum and instructional strategies
- Demonstrated experience as a teacher-leader
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Favorable criminal background check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin skin test
- Mandatory direct deposit of paycheck
Start Date: November 2018
Duty Days: 188
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Posting Link: www.capital.k12.de.us
Salary Range: From/To: 2018-19 Teacher Salary Schedule
- Library Media Specialist
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.