Part-Time (5.5 Hours Per Day) Paraprofessional
This posting is open until filled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities related to the school. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Work cooperatively with all school staff and students
2. Assist in carrying out the Individual Educational Program for a student or group of students once trained by a professional staff member
3. Work with individual students or groups of students to reinforce learning materials or skills introduced by the teacher; may include reading to or writing for the student
4. Report information on student needs
5. Assist with safe and orderly student movement within the building and outside, as required
6. Maintain the confidentiality of student information
7. Prepare the physical environment for the day?s activities including the gathering of materials, maintaining an orderly environment, and securing materials and equipment at the end of the workday
8. Perform routine paperwork and record keeping tasks related to the duties of the professional to whom the paraprofessional is assigned
9. Apply consistent and appropriate standards of behavior, achievement, and discipline to individual students, as agreed upon with professional staff and as written in the students? IEP and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
10. Participate in parent conferences, IEP planning, and IEP meetings, as appropriate
11. Assist students by reinforcing previously taught skills and use the materials needed to function in a community setting/job site
12. Accompany students into the community to support community-based instruction
13. Assist in the delivery of related services previously demonstrated by therapists and/or specialists that may include heavy lifting, transferring students to specialized equipment and/or entering a pool
14. Participate in in-service workshops designed to improve competencies in working with students
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or designee
16. Assist students to benefit from the educational program. Responsibilities may include
*Using behavior checklists
*Assisting students with instructional training
*Assisting students with formation of groups
Start Date: ASAP
Reports To: Dean of Student Supports and Services
Salary Range: From/To: Per POCS Paraprofessional Salary Schedule
Additional Job Information:
Hours may vary. Benefits are not offered for this position. This position will expire at the end of the school year.
A person may not be employed by a public school employer in any position requiring licensure and certification if the person does not meet licensure and certification requirements established under Chapter 12 of [Title 14 of the Delaware Code]..., except pursuant to a license extension and/or emergency certificate issued pursuant to Chapter 12. See 14 Del. C.§ 1313.
Direct deposit of paychecks is a condition of employment for all new employees hired after December 31, 1995
Use of any published data or content on this web site is prohibited without the written consent of the Delaware Department of Education.